Popular Posts

Sep 30, 2016

Grand Admiral Thrawn entry in Star Wars rebels season 3 ...

.... Not as I expected


First of all I have to say that I do not know much about Thrawn. I never red the Trilogy and as a consequence I did not know from the beginning what to expect.

I made my first idea based on the Trailer and the short clip ("Enter Thrawn") we got upfront of season 3 start.
The image of Thrawn I got was extremely powerfull. I imagined a very calm character with a very strong fame in the Empirial ranks creating full respect from the other officiers. What I mean is: When Thrawn talks nobody talks back because he is right ! No doubt about that!
Very similar to the Tarkin we can find in the novel: calm and precise, strong analyst that prefer to look at the large picture in order to maximize the effect of the actions instead of rushing to the action.

But then The first Episode came and Thrawn made his entry. And it looked like a different character to me. It appears that he actually does not have yet a large fame all across the imperial officers. Indeed, when he enters the scene in the middle of a briefing, Admiral Konstantin and Agent Kallus are actually making comments and questions to him! That was pretty surprising for me. Nobody of this rank would dare to do so with Grand Moff Tarkin.
So Thrawn character and his reputation will evolved probably during this season.

The quote : "They will be the architect of the own destruction" in the trailer is enforced by images and music and it made me think of a very strong and determined quote that he could have pronounced to one capture rebels for example.
In the Episode during this briefing with all these "minor characters" around him, this quote losses a lot of impact to my mind.

So the entry was a bit less strong than I expected. But I am anyway happy because we will see Thrawn further make his name instead of having a established villain like Vader or Tarkin are. This brings strong expectations for Season 3.

Actually, already at episode end, nobody dares to contradict him when he gives order to let the rebels fly away. That is the first step of establishment of his authority.

According to the Insight Discovery profile tool : 

As for personality Thrawn is clearly a BLUE personality (...like his skin...) as opposed to Agent Kallus that is clearly a RED.


I expect Kallus not to go very good with Thrawn and I go further : I do not think that he can openly act against him or parallel to him to avoid behing crushed to a minor officier... but perhaps he can help the Rebels to make Thrawn fail! This way he could make his return and become the main player.

What do you think of the Thrawn Entry ? Do you agree with me that Kallus can be a threat that Thrawn could not take into account ?

By the way : look how good the Lucasfilm designers are : just looking at the face of these 2 fotos you can relate the behavior to the color profile description! well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment